After Dark is an event promoter who put on events,
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation and any and all domestic legislation implementing the Regulation into English Law (the “Data Protection Laws”),Flex Events, is a Data Controller in relation to your Personal Data in certain circumstances, which are set out below.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about privacy or data protection.
Please note that links from our website may take you to external websites not covered by this policy. We recommend that you check their privacy policies yourself before submitting any personal information. We will not be responsible for the content, function or information collection policies of these external websites.
We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service (such as when you sign up to receive email notifications, follow us on social networks, use our website or purchase a ticket). This information may include the following:
- Normal identification information, such as your full name, date of birth, age, gender, marital status;
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone number,
- Social Media Identification information, such as your Facebook page address, your Twitter handle, your instagram handle and profile picture;
- Additional information relevant to your use of our site and services, or your event or services, such as your marketing preferences,
- Survey responses and feedback
In addition, we also automatically collect certain technical data that is sent to us from the computer, mobile device and/or browser when you access our website or social media sites.
Sometimes you will have given your consent to other websites, services or third parties to provide information to us.
For example, when you purchase a ticket for one of our events this is transacted through the Fatsoma event marketing platform. Fatsoma will pass back to us the data you provide during the purchase process. Please note that Fatsoma will not store credit or debit card information from payments made through our services other than where it is necessary for us to complete our obligations to you.
It could also include information from third parties that we work with to provide our products and services, such as technical support companies and advertising companies. Whenever we receive information about you from these third parties, we will let you know what information we have received and how and why we intend to use it.
We are collecting the data that you provide to us directly or via your use of our website. We receive personal data about you from Fatsoma when you purchase a ticket for one of our events via their platform.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type, statistics on your activities on our platform, information on how you came to our platform and data collected through Cookies, Pixel Tags, Web Storage and other similar technologies. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. The information we collect includes which pages you view and which links you follow, details of the hardware and software that you are using to access the site and any passwords that you use on our website. This enables us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- Retarget adverts to remind you about our events on Google or Facebook properties.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We are collecting this data to keep you informed about events that we put on that may be of interest to you. We will tell you about our events and may, in certain circumstances, co-promote with other promoters of similar events and tell you about their events. We may keep in touch with you via email, push notifications on the Fatsoma app, Facebook updates, Twitter posts, Instagram posts or other communications. You may unsubscribe, unfollow or opt out of these communications at any time by following the links on the relevant communication.
We take data protection law seriously, so below we have set out exactly how and why we use your information, and what our legal basis is to be able to use your information in each way.
We need all the categories of information listed above to allow us to enter into and perform our contract with you (e.g. purchasing a ticket and attending an event) *, to keep you informed about our events or services**, improve our website and services ***. The situations in which we will process your Personal Data are listed below. We have indicated by asterisks the purpose or purposes for which we are processing or will process your personal information.
- To contact you about any events or other offers you have expressed an interest in (**)
- To contact you about any events, offers or services which we feel may be of interest to you, (**)
- To contact you about any changes to events you have bought tickets for (*)
- To contact you with additional information about events you have bought tickets for (*)
- To contact you in the event of an issue with your use of our site (*)
- Dealing with any complaints you may have (*)
- To serve adverts for our events on third party sites (e.g. Google or Facebook ads) using cookies are re-targeting (**)
- To ensure our systems interact successfully with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (***)
- To conduct data analytics studies to review and better understand use of our website and services (***)
- To review and improve the performance of our website, systems, processes and staff. (***)
- To interact and respond to any communications you send us, including social media posts that you tag us in. (*)
- To let you know about any important changes to our business or policies. (***)
We share your information with Fatsoma, our event marketing partner, to send push notifications and emails to keep you informed about our events. We may also share your information with other third-party marketing or advertising services to communicate with you, this may include Google and Facebook for the purpose of re-targeting you with adverts for our events.
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- (Google G-Suite) Google LLC
- (MailChimp) The Rocket Science Group, LLC dba MailChimp
- Gravity Froms
- Facebook, Inc. (Facebook)
- (Google Analytics) Google LLC
We have decided that ten years following the last contact with an individual is usually an appropriate period to hold data covering the legal limitation period (six years) and a moderate margin. As in most cases this is only archived data, not sensitive, not dangerous and will not be used there seems little risk to data subjects.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO UNSUBSCRIBE
- Amazon Web Services, Inc
- Google G-Suite) Google LLC
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE INFORMED
- (MailChimp) The Rocket Science Group, LLC dba MailChimp
- Gravity Forms
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Facebook, Inc. (Facebook)
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE PERSONAL DATA
- (Google Analytics) Google LLC
- The information is no longer needed for the original purpose that we collected it for.
- You withdraw your consent for us to use the information (and we have no other legal reason to keep using it)
- You object to us using your information and we have no overriding reason to keep using it
- We have used your information unlawfully
- We are subject to a legal requirement to delete your information
In those situations, you have the right to have your Personal Data deleted. If you believe one of these situations applies to you, please get in touch with us. Where you submit a request for us to delete your Personal Data, we will remove your data from our systems within a reasonable time.
You have the right to have a copy of your data transferred to you or a third party in a compatible format. Also known as Data Portability, you have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Data for your own purposes. This right allows you to move, copy or transfer your Personal Data more easily from one IT system to another, in a safe and secure way.
This right shall only apply where:
- We are processing your information for the purposes of entering into or performing a contract; or
- You have provided consent for us to process your information.
If you would like us to transfer a copy of your data to you or another organisation in a structured, commonly use and machine-readable format, please contact us. There is no charge for you exercising this right.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DIRECT MARKETING
You can tell us at any time that you would prefer that we do not use your information for direct marketing purposes. Each communication you receive from us will contain a link for you to unsubscribe to future communications if you would not like to receive any direct marketing from us.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO US USING YOUR INFORMATION FOR OUR OWN LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
Sometimes, we use your personal information to achieve goals that will help us as well as you. This includes;
- When we tell you about products or services that are similar to ones that you have already bought;
- When we use you information to help us make our business better; and
- When we contact you to interact, communicate or let you know about changes we are making.
We aim to always ensure that your rights and information are properly protected. If you believe that the way we are using your data is not justified due to its impact on you or your rights, you have the right to object. Unless we have a compelling reason to continue, we must stop using your Personal Data for these purposes. In order to exercise your right to object to our use of your data for the purposes above, you can click the “unsubscribe” link which is set out in each of our communications to you, which will enable you to unsubscribe to communications from a specific party or in general.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us to stop using your Personal Data in any way other than simply keeping a copy of it. This right is available where:
- You have informed us that the information we hold about you is inaccurate, and we have not yet been able to verify this;
- You have objected to us using your information for our own legitimate interests and we are in the process of considering your objection;
- We have used your information in an unlawful way, but you do not want us to delete your data; or
- We no longer need to use the information, but you need it for a legal claim.
If you believe any of these situations apply, please contact us at email@example.com.
YOU HAVE RIGHTS RELATED TO AUTOMATED-DECISION MAKING AND PROFILING
Any automated decision-making or profiling we undertake is solely for the purpose of tailoring the information which we provide to you. We will not use automated decision-making or profiling to make any decisions which will have a legal effect upon you or otherwise significantly affect you, and you have the right not to be subject to such decisions.